Friday, March 23, 2012

Pier 23 Cafe-San Francisco

Me and my family recently took a last minute trip to San Francisco and were able to try out two local restaurants that I had been wanting to taste. After taking a morning tour to Alcatraz  Island we decided to walk about a block up to Pier 23 where you will find Pier 23 Cafe. Fisherman's Wharf is known for there seafood so that was definitely on our list of food to try. For an appetizer we tried the Ancho Chile, Tequila and Lime Prawns and they were to die for! They were on a bed of sauteed spinach that were drenched in sauce and lemon zest to garnish. If you like ancho chili this is a must. We also tried their Grilled Fish Tacos with tomato salsa and guacamole. They were delicious and juicy and the salsa's were perfect. I think a tortilla makes the taco and these were great. My son got the Fish and Chips. The only reason I am going to talk about the child menu is because of the chips they were amazing, garlic and parsley on anything count me in. I can't recommend the Clam Chowder because I didn't taste it, but I hear it is the best on Fisherman's Wharf. I don't know about you but I think a Bloody Mary pairs well with seafood. Pier 23 Cafe is average in pricing and I recommend sitting on the patio to see the gorgeous view.

1 comment:

  1. My new husband and I plan on going to San Francisco soon and your pictures and tasty description of The Pier 23 Cafe have shed new light on our dining itinerary.

    ReplyDelete