Monday, July 23, 2012

Gray's Papaya - New York


Ever since the movie “Fools Rush In” came out in 1997, Mathew Perry’s character added one more thing to my bucket list. And that was to taste Grays Papaya’s hot dogs. I went here with high expectations and hoping for the best dog in NYC, but in my opinion when I left I was sadly disappointed. They have a “Recession Special” 2 Franks 1 Drink (except the pineapple) for $4.95. Sauerkraut and onions are free but other add on’s are 50 cents each. I decided to go with the special and also get a side of fries. As for Drinks they have a handful of options to choose from, natural fruit drinks such as coconut, banana, apple and of course papaya. I’d have to say the papaya was the best out of the 3 I tried. As for the hot dogs, there was nothing special to report. They were tasteless in my opinion, the sauerkraut, the onions, the bun and even the fries. I really don’t understand why people rave about this place. I had a better hot dog earlier on the street. The only positive thing I can say about this place is the service, the staff was quite friendly, and we even chatted for a bit. I hate to have such a negative review but that’s why I’m here, to tell my honest opinion.



1 comment: