Saturday, July 21, 2012

Wine Market Bistro - Baltimore Maryland


Baltimore Maryland, so many great restaurants to try yet so little time. However, we were able to try The Wine Bistro. From the incredible food to the superb service, it was an all around wonderful experience. What makes this bistro unique is that they also have a wine shop. There is about 900 bottles of wine to select from and you can even purchase a bottle to take to your table. Not to mention customers get a 10% discount. Well, enough about the wine. We were first served a Roasted tomato sauce with olive oil and bread which was to die for.

On this Thursday evening they were having a special, 3 courses for $33. When I see something like this I always go for it especially when the server says the portions are exactly the same as the normal menu. For an appetizer I chose the Shrimp and Pork Dumplings with a Sweet Jalapeno Emulsion. Flavorful filling, with a crisp outer layer and the Jalapeno Emulsion reminded me of a cucumber gazpacho sauce.

For an Entrée I received the Braised Lamb with Sweetbread Nuggets, Spring Peas, Pea Tendrils, Horseradish and Orange Gremolata. The Lamb tasted as though it was cooked for hours just falling apart with my fork and I had no idea what to expect with the sweetbread nuggets but come to find out it was fried Lamb, tasted just like fried chicken, it was in perfect harmony with the braised lamb. Next my Mother tried the Herb Roasted Murray’s Farm Half Chicken with a Corn Flan, Poached Medjool Dates, Chorizo Puree and Garden Vegetables. Sounds heavenly doesn’t it? The skin was perfectly browned and crispy and the chicken was juicy and savory. Lastly as an entrée, Jorge decided on the 14oz Ribeye. Cooked to perfection, garnished with pickled red onions and  accompanied by a Rasberry Reduction sauce as well as a Horseradish Sauce. What more could you ask for? Our son Jayden enjoyed his Truffeled White Cheddar Mac and Cheese very much. He said it was rich and flavorful. :)



 One of my all time favorite desserts is s’mores, so when I saw this on the desert menu I had to try it. A creamy dollop of marshmallow torched to make that smoky flavor atop a warm luscious brownie with bits of crunchy graham cracker and a side of chocolate ice cream made the perfect ending to the perfect meal.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful description, just as I remember it. Loved it thank you so much for reminding me about that wonderful night in Baltimore, a night to remember

    ReplyDelete