Saturday, July 21, 2012

TJ Oyster Bar - San Diego





I was told by a couple friends that TJ Oyster bar should be on my list of spots to eat at in Chula Vista, Bonita to be exact. If you go before the lunch rush you might miss the line out the door and be lucky enough to get a seat. This place is pretty small but I find most places like these have the best food. If you’re in the mood for some unique tacos this is the spot. For starters some Canadian oysters, I have had an oyster or two in my day and as soon as that oyster hit my mouth I knew it was the best oyster I have ever tasted! We haven’t had the pleasure of tasting an octopus tostada so we decided to order one. The octopus was fresh and not chewy which was exciting. The sauce they used to top it off was sweet so I made sure to add a lot of Tapatio and limeJ. Next was a Shrimp Ceviche Tostada, It was nothing extraordinary but simple and tasty.We make these a lot at home and I love them. The Fish tacos are always $1 each. Jorge ate his in one bite. Crispy texture and the crema sauce was great but I still prefer Brigantine's fish tacos over any, So far. These next two tacos I was really excited to taste. The Sting Ray taco aka Manta Tacos looks like shredded beef but has this unique flavor to it; I could eat a few of these. The couple sitting next to us said they travel once a week from Orange County and the Smoked Tuna was there taco of choice. If you enjoy smoked fish this is something to try. I can’t even describe the flavors but it’s amazing!!! I noticed when the chefs were preparing this and a few other items; they used Maggie which is a Mexican style soy sauce. There are so many more food options but these were just a few I wanted to share. One thing I did not get to try was the Aguachile. Probably one of my favorite dishes my husband makes, it's shrimp, onion and cucumber drenched in this lime Serrano sauce, we will be getting that on our next visit. I most definitely recommend TJ Oyster bar for a flavorful Mexican seafood lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment