Tuesday, June 12, 2012

N9NE Steak House - Las Vegas


We were lucky enough to have our good friends Will and Germaliz come on a recent trip to Las Vegas for my husband’s Softball tournament and to enjoy some fun in the sun and of course tasty food . I made reservations at N9NE Steak House in the PALMS Hotel and as with any fine dining restaurant you need to make reservations in advance. When I read reviews on this place the main complaint was people who had made reservations still had to wait and the hostess said the same thing to everyone, get a drink at the bar. Basically everyone was thinking it was a gimmick to get you to spend more money. I for one didn’t mind it, when in Vegas…you drink. After waiting about 30 minutes we finally sat down. Food was great but service was not so great. Our bus boy was more attentive then our server. We even made sure to thank him with a tip at the end of the evening and told him the server was horrible. On the other hand the food was superb; we started with Ahi Tuna Tartar it had Avocado, Lime and Chili oil accompanied with Crispy sesame crackers. The seaweed on top was citrusy and paired well with the tuna. I Love Love Loved this appetizer. For dinner the boys got the 8 ounce Filet Mignon which they said was cooked excellent and finished with a sprig of rosemary. I ordered the special which was seared halibut on a bed of Spicy Cucumber Serrano Gazpacho Sauce. I loved this dish so much I recreated it at home, or tried to but the flavors I can not quite get the same, I actually did it with a chicken breast because that’s what I had on hand. Next was the Organic Scottish Salmon with a white soy Balsamic Glaze, we both agreed it was yummy,seared and crispy on the outside and flaky and juicy on the inside. For sides we all shared the Garlic Green Beans and Georges Creamed Corn. We had a great time at dinner and ended up checking out club Rain which was fun but the most exciting part of the night was running into Corey Feldman. The Goonies is one of my all time favorite movies. “Hey you guys!”

No comments:

Post a Comment