Tuesday, June 26, 2012

POV Roof Top Terrace - Washington DC


When choosing POV for a lunch date with my hubby, I didn’t choose it for the food but for the view. Located on the top of the W hotel is one of the best views in DC, overlooking The White House and George Washington Memorial. We were fortunate enough to get a table and I suggest making reservations so you are guaranteed a seat otherwise they will point you toward the bar where you will be standing to get a drink. Lunch is only available 11- 3 and we got seated just after that which meant we had just a few menu items to choose from. We decided to taste the Mozzarella, Basil and Tomato Pizza with Pepperoni and the Cheddar Jalapeno Fritters. The Pizza was surprisingly delicious; I loved the thickly sliced Pepperoni. But unfortunately the Fritters were quite the grease ball. But I understand people choose to come here for the view and to enjoy a cocktail. I would love to go back at dinner and view DC at night. If you’re in the DC area why not take you’re loved one on a date here, the ambience is incredible.

4 comments:

  1. “I didn’t choose it for the food but for the view.” – This statement made me smile. I think food would be more appetizing and delicious if you eat with the one you love on a rooftop terrace with a wonderful view, just like this one. I’m sure you and your husband had a very memorable lunch date on that rooftop terrace.

    Kip Whitehead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more! Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. :) subscribe if you enjoy posts like these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhh... the food looks so delicious! Pizza!! Haha! And I really feel that you’re going to enjoy it more if you’re in a place like that. It’s seems like a double treat, right? Scrumptious food stuff + a magnificent view= Awesome! :D

    Eugene Head

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I will surely try that place if ever I will be in DC. They seem to have great food. And I guess with the addition of wonderful view, it would surely be a nice experience.
    SRSInterceptor.com

    ReplyDelete