Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Romesco Baja Med Bistro - San Diego


Romesco is another one of those Bonita restaurants I have been dying to try. I always get a coupon in the mail and one night we decided to finally go. This Bistro is chic with a French ambiance. The chef is using a Mediterranean method of cooking with lots of Mexican flavors. The service is wonderful in the dining area but I have sat in the bar and it was happy hour, full of people and terrible service so I guess it just depends on the night. They have specials going on each night of the week, Tuesdays are half off Tapas, Wednesday they have half off wine bottles and a live Italian accordion player, the last Saturday of the month they even have live flamenco dancing. A couple of my friends suggested the tamarind martini, it was mouth-watering the chili rim was my favorite, they also have a great wine selection with Mexican wines. The menu has lots of Tapas to choose from and one I could not wait to try was the Pulpo Asado a las Brasas which is grilled octopus in olive oil. It was my favorite dish of the evening, simple delicate and delicious. Best octopus dish hands down; I’m drooling just thinking about it. The seared Yellow fin Tuna with ponzu and jalapenos had amazing Asian flavors and was so fresh. The Beef Filet Mignon Carpaccio had shaved Parmesan, fried capers (which were my FAVORITE), extra virgin olive oil and arugula. Beef Carpaccio is a favorite dish of mine but unfortunately as we put our fork into it the fillet disintegrated into the olive oil. It was weird. Alright you fondue lovers next we had the Fonduta Con Chorizo, melted Havarti and Mozzarella cheese with Spanish Chorizo, Onion, Garlic, Paprika and White Wine. It was divine I must say. For an entrĂ©e the Tacos de Cachete De Res caught my attention, Beef Cheek Tacos with Cilantro Chopped Onion and Fresh Salsa. It was very flavorful and don’t worry, beef cheeks don’t taste to different they are just very tender. This was quite a big portion and the tortillas were so good! There award winning Paella was next, pretty much everything but the kitchen sink was in this. Over a bed of Spanish rice was Shrimp, Clams, Mussels, Calamari, Chicken, Pork Short Rib and of course some Spanish Chorizo. We loved it and it is most definitely enough for two or even three people. At the end of the night everything was amazing and there were about 20 other menu items I cannot wait to try. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment